Tuesday, August 26, 2008
... is already here. Thanks to Globe for finally bringing it here. I've already inquired with Globe and they said that with my existing plan, all I need to do is upgrade to the next plan and pay an additional cash of about 15k minimum. The prepaid kit is quite expensivo (from 37K-45+K) so getting this would be way out of the picture. I'm keen on getting one na but deferred it muna because I'm not sure if I can still consume the upgraded monthly plan and is the iphone 3G worth buying ba talaga? Plus, I have an Ipod touch na which I plan naman to give to hubby if I decided to get an iphone. Any of you have this na or contemplating of having one? PLease, please give me feedbacks as I really want this. Plus, I really need to convince pa my hubby that this phone is worth it talaga.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Got tagged by Pat : ) Sorry for the delay sis!
PLAYERS: CHIKAI Fun.Fierce.Fab Me,Myself+2 Kidd Designs Ozzy's Mom Shopaholic Ties the Knot The Simple Life of a Baghag
1. Are you pregnant? unfortunately not yet :(
2. When do you want to get married? i'm happily married
3. Do you curse a lot? not really
4. What are your favorite books? romance, suspense-thriller, chic lit
5. Do wish you were with someone right now? I'm with him na
6. Who were the last three people that sent you a text message? my brother, sister and long-time friend from college
7. Are you happier single or in a relationship? in a relationship
8. Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance? hmm.. yes but on a case to case basis maybe.
9. Do you wish someone would call you? hmm.. no, it's already late
10. What is bugging you right now? hmm.. start of another work week tomorrow. Meetings!
11. What's something you wish you could understand better? married life
12. If someone doesn't like you, its usually because...? i wouldn't know
13. Do you have a wild side? I don't think so
14. Kissed someone in the last twenty-four hours? yup, the hubby
15. Have you lost friends in the past year? unfortunately yes :( to cancer :(
16. What were you doing at midnight last night? Watching T.V. yata. wala naman pasok today eh :)
I guess everyone has done this already. But if you don't, feel free to snag this.
Last 080808, my brother-in-law, Ricky wed the love of his life, Rhea in a simple but elegant wedding at Our Lady of Consolation Parish in Tierra Pura Subd. It was a wonderful day. Family and friends were there to celebrate this union and we're all truly happy. We've been preparing for this day (the family) for more than a year and we're just too glad that everything turned out great as planned and envisioned by the couple. I represented one of the ninang (an aunt based in the U.S. who can't make it to the event) and guess what? I was paired with Dr. Hernando Perez! Yes! the very controversial former Secretary. * wink * social climbing wannabe me hahaha!
But during the short period of time I was with the guy, I find him nice and the guy's soft-spoken pala! Here are some pictures of wedding ceremony:
* warning picture overload *
The lovely couple's souvenir photos at the church's grounds
The couple with the principal sponsors - including me, wearing the lime greem gown. I'm fat! :(
With the groom's immediate family
The couple's cute litte bundle of joy, Chloe (she's soooo cute, I just love her!)
With the groom's family and relatives
With the best man (my hubby) and the maid of honors (the bride's sisters)in a funny moment
The wedding reception was held at the Grand Terrace in Commonwealth, Q.C. The venue is quite small compared to hotel ballrooms but perfect for a small, intimate parties. The food was great also. I enjoyed being sitted in the VIP table with the principal sponsors because the food was served to us. No need to fall in line in the buffet table, lol! The wedding program was short but entertaining. Thanks to the wonderful event coordinators from Angels Wink and the program host, Atom. Here are more pictures of the reception:
I'm Back Ladies!
After more than two weeks of being "absent" in the blog scene, I am finally back with a lot of stories to tell. In case you're wondering what ever happened to me, I was super busy with a lot of things (work, family, etc.) that by the time I face my computer to update my blog, I could not write anything because I am just too darn tired! My work load has tripled after the consolidation. Tsk, tsk, tsk. I can not complain though coz it's all part of the package. I just hope that this is just part of the adjustment period and things we'll get back to normal in the coming weeks. Hay... How I wish talaga. I've never been this tired with tork before.... :(
Anyways, after a long while (and a very much deserved rest- thanks to this long weekend), I was able to do this tag from Kelly. Thanks sis! Sorry for the super delayed posts. I enjoyed doing this.
Pretty blogger participants: 1. 100% Kelly 2. The Simple Life of a Baghag 3. Your Blog here
My Five Make-Up Essentials:
1. Powder Foundation
Shu Uemura Velvet Foundation or Mac Studio Fix in NC40 (i use them alternately)
Laura Mercier Secrete Camouflage (I have under eye circles and I over them up with this wonderful product)
Nars Blush in Orgasm -(love the sun-kissed look this gives me)
4. Lipstick/Lip Gloss/Lip Balm - I'm very pale that's why my mom had me wear lipstick in college to add color to my face. So, this ia a MUST for me.
Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Lipstick
Kiehl's #1 Lip Balm ( i've been using this even before the store in Greenbelt 5 opened late last year, I so love this product! Perfect for dry, chapped lips)
Paul and Joe ( I love the feminine housing of this product line and only got to discover it when I was in SG last year. Good thing Rustan's now have it)
5. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
I also go this from SG (cheaper than here) and I so love the way it curl my eyelashes even without a mascara!
I would love to know yours - Jane, MM, Tet and Mich.
Glad to be back from blogging.
Friday, August 08, 2008
Got this sweet tags from tet and gracie. Thanks sisters!
~Start Copy Here~
1. Copy from start to finish
2. This letter should be pass on to your closest friends online.
3. Add your name and URL blog HERE!!
1. Wheng 2. Hazel 3. Janeth Vicy's Life Journey 4. A Sweet Taste Of Life 5. A Reality Bite 6. The Simple Life of a Baghag 7. LINK
4. Get back to Me [WHENG] and leave a comment once you’ve passed on the letter. Will then visit your site to make sure your links are complete and proper.
5. To ensure everyone receives equal link benefit, UPDATE your list regularly!
It's true I have never seen you
and we have never met,
Never shaken Hands or
even truly hugged and yet!
I know for sure you care for
me by the kindness that you give.
And our keyboards keep us
together doesn't matter where we live.
So I give you this gift to
put a smile on your face
and to let you know in my
heart you have a special place.
~End Copy Here~
I'm giving this to all my blog buddies in my blogroll. Snag it ladies!
Thursday, August 07, 2008
How's everybody doing? I know I have been neglecting my blog "duties" but I have so much work to do in the office... hay... kakapagod talaga. Much as I want to blog every night, my body would not cooperate as I was too tired from a hard day full of meetings, turn-overs and adjusting to a new office environment.
Anyways, last weekend hubby and I hit the malls, SM North Edsa (it's 3-day sale there!) and Trinoma. From the sale, I was able to snag 3 tops from Giordano and 2 from Chocolate Clothing Company. From Trinoma naman, I was able to convince hubby to get me that Kenneth Cole Bag i've been eyeing for quite some time now. So, I went home very happy with my loots plus extra bonus the bag I got from Kenneth Cole. I'm one happy baghag *wink* *wink*.
Tomorrow, i'll be on leave. It's my BIL and his lovely fiancee, R's wedding and i'll stand in for one of the ninang who can't make it tomorrow. We're all excited for tomorrow's event. We all know how hard the couple prepared for this special day and we're just so happy for them. TO R & R, Best Wishes and COngratulations!! We love you both :)
Saturday, August 02, 2008
I will start with my tag assignments with this one from Jane, Vina, Pat and Ems. Thanks girls!
A. List these rules on your blog.
B. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.
C. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
You’ll have to read on for my 7 facts and see who I tagged.
1. I have been a loyal Sharonian ever since I was a little kid. Love everything about her.
2. I used to sketch gowns and dresses and cake designs (would you believe?!) in high school but never really thought of taking up fashion design or cake design in college. Now, I was wondering, what would happen if I did? :)
3. I get pretty excited when I see a red "SALE" sign. The shopaholic in me could not get enough of it, lol.
4. I am a frustrated ballerina. The closest thing to ballet that I had was some dance lessons in elementary mostly folk dancing pa hahaha/
5. I used to play the piano till I was in 2nd year high school. I even had formal lessons pa with a piano teacher. Now, i'm not even sure if I can still play a piece. Naninigas na yata ang mga daliri ko!
6. I love to sing. I have a pretty good voice daw, naks! But i'm afraid to sing in front of a crowd.
7. I easily get nervous especially when it comes to my family. Maybe it's because of my love for coffee, naging nerbyosa na ako. To overcome this, I always pray for my loved-ones safety all the time.
I guess everybody has done this one already so i'm not tagging anyone na.
Happy Saturday everyone! Don't you just love the weather? It makes you want to stay in bed all day. Hay... I might do that but knowing that there's a sale going on in SM North Edsa, hmm.. I might change my mind hehehe. Anyways, you guys have all been so wonderful and patient with me for not updating my blog lately, so i'll try to do all your tags ladies and do some updates.
Enjoy the weekend!
Labels: going ons