Saturday, October 04, 2008

Weekend Plans + La Boheme

It's another weekend (thank goodness!) but this weekend won't be as exciting as the previous one simply because the hubby is sick since last night so we won't probably be going out of the house (at least for now). Good thing na rin because I now have more time to do my take home work and catch up on my blogging. Sadly, I won't be able to go home to Laguna to visit my Dad. I miss my Dad na but I have to do some wifey duties first. I'll just make sure I visit him next week and we text naman everyday so to my Papa, i'll see you next weekend :)

A lot of people I know are sick so I guess uso talaga ang sakit ngayon :( Maybe it's because of the weather. So, take care everyone. And have a nice weekend.

P.S.



Hey, I heard that the world's well-loved opera Giancomo Puccini's "La Boheme" is now being staged at the CCP. I asked my sister if she knew about it she being an opera lover and she replied with an astounding "whaat? OMG! kelan?" I laughed hard coz apparently she wasn't aware of this and learned from me lang. She asked what language will be used and I said, "huh?" She want to watch pala if the opera will be staged using italian language. I researched immediately and although it is a joint production by the Philippine Opera Company and the CCP with filipino actors, the opera will be sung in its original italian language to be backed up by the great Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra under the baton of an international conductor, Helen Quach. Nice! I inquired about the ticket prices and as expected, it's mahal, lol. I will ask my sis again if she really wants to see this we might take a lower price ticket since all we wanted lang naman is to listen to the music. They say that La Boheme has that magical effect on people that everyone who watches it will cry at the end of the show. Sigh.. I want to experience that. Remember, the movie Pretty Woman? The scene where Julia and Richard went to see the opera and Julia cried at the end of the show? Well, that's "La Boheme". I hope to see it talaga. The show will run from OCt. 3 to 5 at 8 pm, CCP Main Theater. I guess there's no matinee. So, if you are opera lover like my sister and me, go see this once in a lifetime experience.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment